Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Husband of the Year Award

It all began Thursday morning. I worked the graveyard shift Wednesday to 5am on Thursday. I picked up my little sister to watch Lincoln while I slept and Dale went to play Thanksgiving football. Then when I woke up he had got Lincoln ready and his bag packed. I started cooking and he took over so I could get ready. When I was done, the ham, potatoes, cheesecake and cookies were ready and everyone and everything was loaded into the car. He is so sweet to help me out. Then we dropped Amanda off to my Aunts and went to his Moms house. That night we went to a movie "Four Christmas" (highly recommended), and I stayed at Pam's to go shopping the next morning with Amy and her sisters.

Friday morning we woke up 0400 and went to Old Navy, Target, HomeDepot, Walmart and Bed Bath and Beyond, had breakfast and was done by 1000. I finished my Christmas shopping and Dale came and got Lincoln and I. We went home I cleaned the house to get it ready for the Christmas decor and Dale brought all the bins up for me to start decorating. While I was getting everything ready, Dale was out in the garage building shelves for his tools and a work table. Then he brought all his tools and house things that belong in the garage and organized the shelves. Another thing.....he cleaned all the mess up after himself. He also put the Christmas lights up and filled our window flower box with fake poinsettas.

Saturday morning Lincoln and I slept in and watched cartoons. Later I wrapped all the presents and stuck them under the tree. Try explaining to a 2 year old that all the presents aren't for him. It is a very difficult argument. Also, I major cleaned my salon and the play room. While we were enjoying our Saturday, Dale was building shelves in the basement for our storage room. When he was done he put all the bins in the room on the shelf. That night we made a gingerbread house and decorated our Christmas tree. Dale taught Lincoln how to decorate the tree by throwing the plastic balls at the tree. He always knows how to make things extra fun. It was really funny. Then we watched Elf and went to bed.


Sunday morning I cooked french toast and hashbrowns, we went to church and then straight to Pams so Dale could put her lights and reindeers up. That night I went to work and came home to new Jersey Knit Pure Beech Sheets (my new favorite thing).

So, my point is I didn't have to ask my husband to help me or nag him about all the stuff I was wanting help with. He just took charge and helped me. I asked him if he was trying to win the husband of the year award and he said he only has 29 days left to try. I just want to say Kudos to you, Honey. Your the greatest husband ever. Eventhough I am still wondering what you want......Oh....your not getting new golf clubs for Christmas. Love you.

5 comments:

Arah Debra said...

Sound like such a fun and prosuctive weekend.  I'm going to have to show Steve this post and hope his competitive streak kicks in.  Maybe he still has enought time to beat Dale.

amy16 said...

Wow! Is there any more to say. Can we trade for a weekend....I have a honey do list a mile long.

Jamie said...

You're right. Husband of the Year Award goes to Dale. No contest.

And I LOVE your tree! It's so pretty! I love seeing everyone posting about their trees. It makes me want one of each.

Spackman's said...

Your tree looks so good! I love it :) And I love your comment about the golf clubs ha ha

Julie said...

You guys are so cute! I hope you are feeling well!