Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's that time of year.......for colds and flus!

Lincoln got sick a couple weeks ago , during the weekend, with the 24 hour flu. Then by Wednesday, he got a cough. Next was a missing voice by Thursday. I took him to the doctor on Friday and she said he had a cold. He seemed to be doing good that day she said he is in the "getting done with it stage." He ended up with a fever again that night. The next day I felt horrible. By Sunday, Dale was sick too. Dale felt better the next day, but it took Linc and I a few days later. Thank goodness we felt better by Thanksgiving.
The little tricks people recommended is to put baby vapor rub on their feet and then put socks on them. It has helped with Lincoln's cough every time. Remember though I am not a doctor, so ask your doctor first. Another thing I have learned to love is those fever cooling pads that Lincoln has on. It seemed to work that night. Also, it has Mickey Mouse on it so he thought it was cool.

Don't you love his "I'm trying to smile" face.

3 comments:

FAB SIX said...

vapor rub on the bottom of feet with socks is perfect. i still do this with my kids. being sick is no fun. glad everyone was well for the thanksgiving holiday

The Hale's said...

That is good to know. I have never heard that. My whole house is sick right now too and it is not fun! Luckily Keili has a very mild cold so I haven't had to deal with any fever!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for colds. Some I'm sure you could use for your children.

Hope everyone recovers.