Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Lincoln's Moneys!!!"

Lincoln is such a great source of entertainment to Dale and I. Here is a funny story in Walmart.

We are walking around Walmart getting a few things before we head home and Lincoln sees a Elmo ball that he wants. So, Dale tells him if he is good we will get it for him. He was definately, not being good at the store. He is throwing tantrums, yelling at us and crying for all sorts of things. When we get to the register Dale takes the ball out of the cart and puts it on the shelf. Lincoln of course starts freaking out and we are trying to explain it to him that he didn't hold up his end of the bargain. We talk to him about choices and how he needs to make good choices because the bad choices has consequences ( I know it sounds like much for a little baby boy, but if you know Lincoln you know he is understanding the concept).

As we are walking out, he sees an Arcade and says, "Lincoln wants moneys." We then tell him that he wasn't acting very good and he couldn't play because he was in trouble. He puts his hand in his shorts pocket and says, "I have my own moneys." We both then try hiding our smiles and say to him that he is still in trouble. Moments like these wish that you can throw parenting out the door and give them everything they want because they are so dang cute. I love him so much.

The next morning Dale text me out of the blew and says, "By the way...When Lincoln said he has his own money last night, when he wanted to ride those quarter machines. That was the funniest thing that I have ever heard. I love him so much" I love that Dale is such a good father and enjoys moments like these with me. I hear about fathers that are never around or not really present ( in the moment). I definately, never have that to worry about that with Dale. He makes Lincoln and I such a high priority in his life, that we can truly enjoy life together. I love my family very much and hope I never forget little moments like this.

No comments: