Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Early Readers Preschool and Potty Training

My big boy Lincoln has started a Early Readers Preschool classs and was with the 2 year olds, since he just barely turned two in Sept. But after the first week of school, he didn't like the other children in his personal space and his teacher stated that he knew all the things she was going over with them. She asked if he could move to the 3 year class. I couldn't believe my little baby was a smarty pants. He loves to learn and is a little sponge. He knows his ABC and counts to 20 (is trying to count higher but it's still a work in progress), he knows half his sounds and makes the letter into words. He has an amazing memory and I love to teach him things because you can tell he is listening. I can't take all the credit of his preparation to Preschool. . . Sesame Street has helped a lot too. I just love how excited he gets to learn. It makes me so happy to know that my child already challenges himself. He is a little on the competitive side and likes to learn what the big kids are learning. Dale and I are so proud and can't wait to see what Lincoln will learn from this great Reading Program.

Lincoln is waiting patiently at the door, with a cute smile on his face.

He loves all the toys and the class room setting.

He doesn't call it school, he says lets play with friends at my teachers house.


After going to school with the big kids, he went to the bathroom with all of the kids. He has been pooping on the potty since he turned one and I couldn't get the peeing on the potty concept down. Until, preschool. He is so excited to go to the bathroom now. He wears pull ups at home and we are going to work on underwear this week. I am nervous and not excited to clean up the mess. But we have a potty chart and incentives. I will keep you updated.





No comments: