Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bogey our new PUP!

We got a new puppy in May. When Chopper left our family it was so lonely. I realized I have never not had a dog my whole life. They become such amazing friends to you that you consider them apart of the family. I have needing a new pup in our home and felt I was ready for a puppy. An opportunity came up and a friend gave us a great deal on 10 week old white boxer puppy. He is so cute and sweet. He is more cuddly than I prefer but I know it's because he is scared and misses his mommy and needs my love and care. He is so sweet with Lincoln. You can tell the are friends. We didn't have a name for a while and just called him Puppy. Lincoln suggested we name him Cookie Monster. I don't think he would appreciate us naming our family dog that when he gets older. So, we didn't name him that for Linc's own good. Dale is in love with golf and said lets name him "Bogey" after the golf term.
I forgot how much work a puppy is. But we have an unfinished basement and kept him down there at night. He is a barker. The first night he cried and whined the whole night. It was sad that Dale and I put pillows over the vents and over our heads and hoped that this was just a phase.


He now is great at barking at the approriate times only and is getting so big. He is so smart and obedient. He listens to Dale and tries to listen to me. I don't have a very authoritative voice but I am working on that. He lays on his bed when he is inside. We do have to remind him over and over again to lay there but he lays there. . . .that is a start. Lincoln loves giving him treats and feeds Bogey as one of his chores. He loves to be helpful. Lincoln tells people that he feeds Bogey. He is so proud of himself. I am so proud of him too.

No comments: