Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lincolns Stiches

Lincoln and Dale love to play "chase me daddy!" Well, one night Dale was chasing Lincoln through our couches and Linc lost his balance and trip on his feet into the corner of the coffee table. All we heard is a loud thump and saw the back of his head. When we looked at Linc, he had blood coming out of his mouth. It was so sad and I said we need to take him to the Emergency Room. Dale, ofcourse said he is fine. I, the mother, said we are going. On the way there I gave him popsicles to stopped the bleeding and numb the wound. I know, I don't know what I am doing but my mom instinct kicked in and it worked.
We took him to the hospital in Orem, where our insurance covers (what a joke). We get there and the work on Lincoln as soon as we give them his information. I felt so bad for Lincoln. The strapped him down to this board and started giving him shots. It took 4 people to hold him still. He got 2 stiches and we went home. When we got home I wanted to take some photos of his stiches. When I looked upclose at the photos the stiches were out. I was furious. How can they put stiches in that my baby can take out. Well, back to the ER we go. We had to restrap him, which now took 6 people to hold him down. They ended up needing 3 stiches since the stiches that were pulled out made it bigger. What a night. My poor baby was in so much pain. Welcome to the joys of having a BOY! I predict he is going to put me through a lot of worry throughout the years.



3 comments:

Carrie said...

deja vu. joel and i were in the ER sunday evening with stitches. it wasn't our first visit and guaranteed to not be our last. having a boy is raising my blood pressure and giving me gray hairs!

Carrie said...

p.s. i posted tyson's stitches on my blog. they are going to be so lovely right there on his FACE!

Laura said...

I'm so happy to see that you updated your blog, but I'm sad to hear about little Linc! We've made our share of ER visits over the years. Once for stitches and twice for broken bones. And many other times for various reasons. We just got a trampoline and my husband says it's just time before we are heading back to the ER. :)