Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bees' Game

We were suppose to go to Las Vegas to go to my cousins graduation parties. I was sad that we decided not to go because I wanted to see my family but Dale made it up to me and planned a weekend of fun. We went to the zoo, lagoon the next day, Dales softball game the day after and Bees game that night, and then the next day was Fathers Day. It was such a great family bonding weekend. The best part was we had great luck everywhere. Amy had passes for Linc and I to get into the zoo, Jimmy had Lagoon passes, and this guy walks up to us to hand us some 1st base line tickets on the lower bowl for free. I think it was meant to be, to stay home. I felt like I won a weekend family getaway. It was fantastic. Thank you to all that helped contribute to our getaway.
This was Lincolns second Bees game and it was so fun. He is a very funny little boy when the music comes on. He stands up and starts dancing. Lincoln is fascinated with sports and has Dale and I draw out how to play all sports. For example I have to draw a baseball field, my stick figured players and tell him what each position is. Then draw the ball with arrows on what happens with the ball when the batter hits it. YOU are probably thinking he doesn't know whats going on why tell him such detail. But oh no, he knows if I am missing anything. He makes us do this for basketball and football too. I love how smart and how curious to life he is. I will always enjoy this part of motherhood. Watching his mind focus and learn.

1 comment:

Ben and Natalie said...

How old is Lincoln now.... 10? He looks so grown up.