Monday, May 4, 2009

Here are a few of my favorite things....

Lincoln is such a happy little bugger. He has his moments when he is ornery but we just have to ask if he's happy and he'll say in his ornery voice, "I'm happy!!!"


Lincoln loves to help with the baby. Sometimes he helps by shoving the Binky or the bottle to far in babies mouth or rocks him to hard in his swing. But he loves to get blankets and diapers for me. While I am feeding he loves to help...but loves to cause trouble since I am bound to James.

I love baby feet.....PRECIOUS!

Linc is such a funny little man. The other day I was on the phone and he said there is a spider down your back. This is when I started to scream and yell and dance around. Then I look at my little Lincoln and he is laughing saying I put a spider down your shirt and then adds HA HA! Typical Lincoln. Next is the chase around the house, followed by a tickle torture.

Baby James loves to move is arms around. He is not a cuddlier. When he was in my belly and anyone would put their hand on my belly, he would kick or push and then move far away from that spot. Now that James is born he doesn't like to be rubbed on the back or tickled. He definitely doesn't like when you hold his hands or feet. If you do any of those things he does this deep man voice grunt and gives you a dirty look. It is quite hilarious.

Lincoln loves his brother very much. When James starts crying he's the first to tell me and he starts singing to him "You are my Sunshine"

Since James has been born, he's only woken up once or twice a night. His night is usually going to bed at 9:30pm waking up at 4:30am to eat and change of diaper and then wakes up again at 7:30am. I know I am very lucky for this and he is gaining weight a little ahead of schedule. I am in love with my newborn baby.

Lincoln was outside in the backyard with Dale and Bogey playing golf and baseball. Bogey and Lincoln were playing and Lincoln fell on the grass, Bogey jumped on him and then gave him a scratch and a little bruise. They are still buddies!

James loves to smile while he sleeps. I always imagine their little minds dreaming about the life they once lived in and about sweet little angels that watch over them OR he is just having gas. All I know is he smiles a lot. At 3 weeks he smiled right at me while I was talking to him. It's so sweet. Now he smiles at you all the time.

We have a "Mini Arms Reach Co-Sleeper" that attaches to our bed for our new born baby. I couldn't find Lincoln and when I was calling him I could here him answer. Finally I found him in the storage part of the modern day bassinet. Lincoln loves to play hide and seek, but sometimes it scares me because he hides in the weirdest places.



Lincoln loves to hold his little brother James. I love the boppy for this reason. It makes him feel so big and it's easy for him to give him kisses. They are so adorable together.



When Lincoln is tired in the car he tells me he is going to sleep. But he absolutely hates the sun in his eyes. So, after it was quiet for a bit (because if you know Lincoln he talks A LOT!) I looked back and he had put his beanie down on his eyes. Later when Dale ran in to take the baby to get shots for his jaundice test and we were waiting in the car, Lincoln was waking up and I started talking to him and he says, "Mom, Can you be quiet? I am going to sleep now." It's so funny when you are told by a 2 year old to be quiet. Gotta love him.

2 comments:

Amie Carlos said...

Your boys are seriously the cutest ever! I love the hat over his eyes because of the sun. Mayah used to tell me to move the sun. I would tell her hold on and then turn a corner or something. Kids are so much fun... I can't imagine my life without them!!

Sami said...

Tabitha, The pictures are priceless.... I love the one at the top of the page and the one of James feet!!! Such a cute family.