Saturday, May 16, 2009

If you are good.....we can go to the park!

I always said I would never bribe my kids like some parents do....that is before I had kids. I learned a valuable thing once I became a parent. Don't judge PARENTS. It's hard work. Lincoln started this terrible 2 thing. Where he constantly test me, and I do mean constantly. Like hitting, punching, spitting, talking back, etc, etc. I know, can you believe it my little Lincoln acting like that. We tried time out in the corner, putting things on timeout, yelling, talking, and the one thing that usually works is bribing. Like if you are good we can go to the park. I came up with a new way to call it. To basically camouflage the fact that my son owns me. It's called the reward program. So, below is the results of the reward of my son listening to me. YIPPEE!
my BOYS
Lincoln and I love to swing. He things the underdog, which I did in this picture, is the funniest thing ever. I would love to have a swing set in my backyard. Even if it takes up the whole back yard. My husband has a different idea...a golf hole.

He conquered this little ladder thing and at the top did a Rocky victory dance.
Lincoln constantly begs to hold James. When he does I try to let my paranoia get the best of me.
I love this cute little outfit on him. He is getting so chunky, I love it.
Gotta love my tough guys.
Lincoln begs to go to the baseball park to play in his paseball game. Ever since Dale hit a homerun at his softball game, Lincoln has been talking about hitting it over the fence like his daddy. He calls him up when he is at work and says "Good job daddy for hitting it over the fence, thumbs up." It is all he talks about. He even told my dad and mom.
Nice swing, Dude.
James loves to be outside. I just lay him in the shade on some blankets and he is as happy as can be.

6 comments:

Becky Gray said...

The reward program even works with teens.... "You can have your cell phone back when the dishes are done" easy as pie... the dishes get done. the pictures are so cute. You have a wonderful family.

*Amy* said...

I can't believe how big James is already! They are both cute as ever. Bribes have been the thing that has worked the best with my kids too....I don't think it's bad to reward for something good! Talk to you soon!

Tony and Ashley said...

There's nothing wrong with a little bribery- it works wonders! Your kids are darling and you look amazing!

The Hale's said...

Bribing is the best thing for Keili too and sometimes even that doesnt work. You guys are so cute! Lincoln is such a BOY!! Lets go to the farm soon!!

Shea said...

What a great idea! Whatever works best for your child, DO IT:) You seem like the cutest little Mommy and I LOVE the pic of the two tough guys, so cute:) Oh don't LOVE the terrible two's....LOL! Being a parent is hard work, why didn't anyone tell me that, before I had FOUR kids...hehe joking of course.

Summer Jackson said...

They are sooo cute! I still react best to bribing... it's a good skill to have!