Monday, June 8, 2009

Girls Trip

We had to wake up bright and early to go on our flight to California for our girls trip. It was mixed emotions of excitement, sadness, happiness and a little bit of anxiety. All because I was leaving my babies. They were in good hands but not my hands. It was well needed since I had a pretty rough last few months of my pregnancy and wanted to lay by the pool and soak in a good book. Doesn't that sound breathtaking. I know....we were excited. The only problem was their was maybe 2 hours total of sun.
But when we got there, it was in the sixties with absolutely no sunshine. So, we walked out to the pier took a picture and walked back.
Before the pier we had a few big belly laughs at Amy's attempt to parallel park. We laughed at her because we couldn't believe she was even trying. None of us would have even attempted it. We are from the land of suburbia and we never have to parallel park. The funniest part about it all, was the fact that we stayed at the beach for about 20 minutes, then realized it was to cold.
Next was indoor pedicures for Amy and I while Arah got her beauty sleep, and Sheri looked around at the cute shops. During the pedicures Amy and I fell asleep during the massage. Hopefully, we weren't snoring to loud.We truly appreciated the yummy candy and fruited water at the end of the elevator ride. Here is Amy's name on the Gold client list displayed. They are true believers of the Marriott hotels like I am. If you haven't slept in a Marriott bed I highly suggest it.
A good girls trip equals yummy food. Which we did not go without. I am somewhat ashamed of the calories we partook. But here it is:

Airport Breakfast at Burger King
Treats from Jetblue.
Lunch at PF Changs
Treats from Target
Dinner at California Pizza
Unfortunately, that's just day one.
The weather report stated that the whole weekend would be filled with clouds and no sunshine. So, we decided we would not let that ruin our trip. We contemplated going to a spa, but when Disneyland was mentioned our giddy eyes lit up and we knew what we would do for the next day. Here is our arrival to California Adventure in Disneyland. We couldn't be happier. (Okay maybe a tropical island would've been better, but it was pretty magical.) No whining, no carrying heavy toddlers through long lines, no strollers, no diaper bags, no diapers, etc etc. It was so much fun. We did see a lot of adorable kids everywhere which made us miss the little ones, but the fact that we were able to ride all the grown up rides was pretty darn fabulous. The first ride was Monsters Inc. It was such a cute ride.
I know we are Nerds. But that is the joy of being with our girlfriends.
Peer Pressure....it gets the best of us. This is the awful, horrible, never will I ever do it again Tower of Terror. The only reason why I said yes is because I didn't want my nieces and nephews making fun of me because I was to scared. I hate rides that shoot you straight up and down continuously. Not fun. The picture at the end was pretty funny. I wish I would've taken a picture of it. Arah and I are looking at each other like what are we doing, Sheri's hiding her face and Amy is laughing at us. Here we are talking to Crush...the turtle from Finding Nemo.

We went on the roller coaster, and Arah and Amy hate roller coasters more than the Tower of Terror. I just don't understand that.
At the end of the day we were waiting in line for the Soarin' ride. This is my favorite ride at Disneyland.

Toy Story was so much fun. Unfortunately Amy beat me at the game. I love that they were sitting under a large piece of crap.
A Bugs Life was really funny. Amy, Sheri and I have been on this one and knew about the bees. It was so fun to see Arahs face at the end. Sheri and I went on the swings, while Arah and Amy went on a dumb ride that shoots you up and down. We had so much fun at Disneyland. I love that Walt Disney loves details. Disneyland is the cleanest park, with beautiful trimmed trees, sweet workers, and of course MAGIC.

It's funny that Sheri is using the shorter drinking fountain. I think those are made for small children, and Amy and I. We were starving and said that we will go to the first place that we see. This is it. Can you believe we risk our health and ate there.
We went to a Marriott hotel in California on a girls trip and stayed at a Golf Course hotel. Isn't that ironic.

We were playing a game of dominoes and this is what they are doing. Am I not fun enough for them?

We were waiting for a plane to arrive to leave our Girls Trip with mix emotions. Missing our babies and husband but wanting to stay and relax.

This is what I got my babies from Disneyland.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow. That was quite the recap. It looked like a huge combination of rejuventation/relaxation/missing your kiddos and hubby/needed time for YOU, etc, etc.

Looks like so much fun. Why don't all of us wives plan something like that?

And yes, we for sure need to hang out. Wanna do a play date? Or a gilrs shopping night? I'd still love to head your way to visit Ross again.

amy16 said...

Do you hate me or something??? What's up with that last picture. And no recap as to the fact that I wanted to rest my feet and couldn't reach.

You forgot the actual tears you cried on Tower of Terror.

Thank you for reminding me about that ghetto mexican, I mean burger, I mean deli, I mean ice cream shop we ate at. It still makes me giggle.

Let's do it again soon!

kristin said...

what a great trip- everyone needs one of those!! You are like me and take a lot of pictures!! that is the way to do it, then you remember everything! How fun!

Amber said...

That was cute-I loved seeing all your pictures. But I have to admit I did some heavy duty coveting while reading it. :)