Thursday, January 31, 2008

Our Doggy is LOST!!!

We have had a horrible past few days. Our family member Chopper has been missing since Sunday night. We have looked all over our neighborhood and all the surrounding areas, on foot and by car, day and night. It sucks so bad to not know where he is and if he is okay. The snow storms have not helped us in trying to find him. We have called every animal shelter in utah and have called some animal hospitals around our area. We have put flyers at stores and business buildings. We have emailed neighbors and have handed out flyers. We are posted on KSL, Pet Savers, Craigslist and city newspapers.
If you have ever lost a pet, please give us any advice you have. We are more than willing to try anything. We cannot function in life without our pet Chopper. Lincoln has roamed around our house trying to find him, yelling Chop Chop and dog. He also, pounds on the sliding door for me to let him in. When we go in the garage he cries looking for Chopper.
We originally got Chopper when we first got married because Dale would go out of town and didn't want me home alone. Chopper looks like a scary dog so we thought he would be a great guard dog. We realized he probably wouldn't hurt anyone who came by. Just hand them a toy and get in fetch mode. He is such a great dog and is always there for us when we need a friend. We love him so much.
When I was pregnant with Lincoln, we were worried if Chopper would hurt him. Little did we know we would have an extra babysitter. Chopper is very protective of Lincoln and lets him do whatever to him. Like pulls him around, lays on him, rides him and says giddy up or plays fetch with him even if the ball only rolls in front of him.
We love and miss our dog so much. If you have heard anything or know what to do in this situation please let us know. Thank you.

10 comments:

Shayla said...

Tab-
That is HORRIBLE. I'm so sorry. I hope you find him. I know I would be going insane if either of my two dogs were lost. Did you ever have a chip put in him?

Julie Knowlton said...

Yuck. I am so sorry! Growing up always having dogs, I had my share of runaways. I really don't have any advice except to just hope and pray he'll remember his way home.

Carrie said...

Sorry to hear that guys. Your dog is so cute too!

My blog is going private, can you leave me your e-mail address in my comment box? So we can still keep tabs, thanks!

Carrie said...

Or can you email me your address at carrieshin@gmail.com so I can put you on the list?

The Vigil's said...

Oh no!! I wish I knew something else to tell you to do but im stuck!! Im so sorry. we will pray for you!! Let us know what happens, good luck sweetie. Hang in there.

Heather and Kade Scott said...

Ohh!! That sucks so bad!! I am soo sorry. Any luck so far?

Ben and Natalie said...

I am so sorry that you lost your doggy. I wouldn't even know where to start on finding him. It seems like you are guys are taking the right steps. I will keep you guys in our prayers and keep us posted.

Paul said...

Rex! nangita 'ta ka!! Hey Rex I found your blog! If you ever get bored paulandleslie.blogspot.com.
Sorry about your dog running away, I don't know if you've found him yet, but the only advice I have for it is don't give up hope! My dog ran away for a week once, but he came back! I hope that good news comes from it.

The Hale's said...

That is the saddest thing ever! I hope you have found him by now! I tried calling you after I read that cause I feel so horrible for you. I dont have a dog but people say they are like children. Good luck! Let me know if I can help!

About us... said...

I am sooooo sorry! I read your blog before today but i was hoping to come back today and see you had found him!! :( Im sorry Tab! I hope you find him and he is ok. He is a beautiful dog! I didnt even know you had one! lol.